Sunday, April 19, 2015

Exploring The Darkside in Order to Find the Light


Its become common knowledge that you can not have one without the other. Opposites are needed in order to have definition of one another. If the world was all light and one big utopia there would be no need to exist, and it would be impossible to have only evil unless there was good to compare it to.

On that note when we go through challenging and dark times all we really wish for is light. What I am coming to realize is that there i truly no way to see the light until you have explored every corner of the dark. The challenges and darkness are there and will inevitably go away once you find the light and can see the difference in the process you just went through. You've grown and you are wiser because of it.

So what does it mean to explore the darkside? Do we interact with it, do we wade through it feeling our way around the pain, or do we observe and explore it with a sense of detachment and total appreciation for its value? I suppose the latter is the way to best make use of our time exploring the darkside but detachment entails being able to live and be compassion. We have to be able to see things we do not like without feeling the need to relieve it. We have to understand its happening as it should and has a purpose. If we interact with it we have added dimensions and karma and prolonged the process, but if we observe it from compassionate detached place we have better chances of leaving the journey feelings a sense of enlightenment.

How do we walk through the darkside detached when we are empathic humans and we feel everything. No one said walking through the darkside would be painless or easy. We have to learn to process what we see and feel then let it go. It was something we observed it did not have to be something we permanently took on.

In my own life at this moment I am clearly exploring the darkness but I am not having much luck remaining detached. I have been finding myself interacting and adding to the problem as opposed to allowing the darkness to do its job and letting go at the end of the day. I believe my problem with this is that I am raising a child I adopted and promised to provide a healthier environment than she started off in life and here I am watching as things out of my control are happening. As I walk through the darkside I see sides of my child unfold that would never be there if I had not let certain things transpire yet truly it was all going to happen one way or another and truly is out of my control. I have come to believe I am writing this post to help remind me that as I explore the darkside in life at this time I need to allow and let go. This does not mean that I do not support or be responsible, but it does mean that when my child turns into the devil because she knows no other way to express how she is feeling I need to "ALLOW HER TO MISBEHAVE" and stay firm in my discipline and always hug her in the end.

The darkside sure is ugly but in the end both myself and my daughter will be shinning bright. I need to stay out of karmas way and assist in life and not necessarily interact with it.

If you are reflecting on your journey through the darkside right now and I can share one piece of advice I will say this, "This too shall pass". It always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment